Is recipe It is the best way to take advantage of the whole potato: all the stuffing and the shell that is where all the nutrients are. These skins are basically baked potatoes, pureed with some additions such as cheese and bacon, placed inside a salted, toasted and delicious shell. The preparation It's easy but it takes time and work to get the final result. You'll be at least a couple of hours on this but it's totally worth it and it's perfect if you know how to cook or not. So don't wait any longer and discover how to make potato skins, cheddar cheese and bacon.4 people More than 2 hours Low difficulty Ingredients:
- 12 small or 6 large potatoes.
- 8 slices smoked bacon.
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese or mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter with salt.
- 1/4 cup full milk or milk cream.
- Vegetable oil.
- Coarse salt.
Take all the potatoes and wash until they are perfectly clean. This is important because we will eat the skin of the potatoes. When they are well cleaned, dry and put on a baking sheet. Add enough vegetable oil to cover them all. Put thick salt on it, enough. Heat the oven to 190 ° C and put the potatoes in for an hour or until they are tender inside.2
Remove from the oven. Let cool a few minutes until you can handle the potatoes with your hands. You will see in the photo that the skin is a little wrinkled. That is ideal.3
While cooling, chop the bacon into small strips and cook in a pan until crispy.4
When you can handle the potatoes, chop in half. Take a spoon and take out all the stuffing from each one. Do not break the shells that we will put the mash there. Add the filling in a separate container and leave the toasted skin on the tray. Do not turn off the oven yet.5
With all the stuffing you took out make a thick puree. That you have lumps. This is everyone's question, but with lumps it will be a little firmer, although there are those who prefer it silky. Add salt, milk or cream, melted butter and grated cheese. Mix well.6
Take the mash and fill each of the shells. Put them all on the tray with the crispy bacon on top and bake again, at the same temperature as before, for about 15 more minutes.7
Remove from the oven after time or until golden brown. Serve hot.8
Tips for preparing Potato skins, cheddar cheese and bacon:
- The size of the potatoes can be any. Of course, the bigger, the easier they will be to handle when you take out the filling.
- This recipe is for at least 4 people who eat this as a companion.
- The cheese you use can be any, or even a mixture. Ideally, it is one that melts well.
- Bacon is optional. You can put chopped chives on top also to give it the crispy touch if you want a vegetarian option.
- Do not cook potatoes in microwaves or in water. It must be done in the oven so that you have the salty and crispy shell that forms.
- For the mash you can use milk cream to give it more body. If you do not have, milk is good. We used full milk and it was very good.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to make potato skins, cheddar cheese and bacon, we recommend that you enter our Recipes category.